|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 24:||Line 24:|
|* Doesn't support creating subfolders with mbox format.||* Some versions don't support creating subfolders with mbox format. Evolution in Ubuntu Gutsy, 2.12.0-0ubuntu5, does support creating subfolders, at least when the parent folder is empty.|
|Line 46:||Line 46:|
== RoundCube Webmail ==
Client issues and configuration
It seems to be quite difficult to implement a working IMAP client. [http://www.imapwiki.org/ClientImplementation Best Practices for Implementing an IMAP Client] tries to help you with it.
You should enable outlook-idle workaround with IMAP.
You should enable outlook-no-nuls workaround with POP3.
Outlook 2003 has problems with older Dovecot's default POP3 UIDL format, which causes it to download the same mails over and over again if "leave mails to server" option is enabled. See pop3_uidl_format setting.
Outlook Express 6
- Using "Headers only" synchronization is buggy and can cause "Message is no longer available on this server" error when opening a mail. This isn't Dovecot specific problem, and I'm not aware of any possible workarounds at the moment for this in server side.
You should enable outlook-idle and delay-newmail workarounds for IMAP.
You should enable outlook-no-nuls and oe-ns-eoh workarounds for POP3.
You should enable netscape-eoh workaround with IMAP, if you still care about supporting this..
I'm not actually sure what version exactly this refers to.
You should enable oe-ns-eoh workaround for POP3.
- Some versions don't support creating subfolders with mbox format. Evolution in Ubuntu Gutsy, 2.12.0-0ubuntu5, does support creating subfolders, at least when the parent folder is empty.
Seems to be OK.
- If you're using [:MailboxFormat/mbox:mbox],
You should enable tb-extra-mailbox-sep workaround for IMAP. [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=29926 Bug report].
You'll have to disable "Server supports folders that contain sub-folders and messages" setting from Thunderbird. [https://bugzilla.mozilla.org/show_bug.cgi?id=284933 Enhancement request].
- New mutt versions supporting IDLE command will hang with Dovecot versions earlier than v1.0beta3. Upgrade Dovecot or disable IDLE by setting imap_idle=no in .muttrc.
- [:mutt:Using mutt with IMAP]
Seems to be OK.
Configuration asks IMAP server name for some workarounds. There has been a Dovecot option since 1.4.6 and 1.5.1. For older SquirrelMail versions, select the "other" option and remove the default INBOX-prefix.
Dovecot doesn't want any folder prefix, but leaving it empty in login screen will just use the default. So, change the default from /etc/imp3/servers.conf. Search for 'folders' => 'mail/' and remove the mail/ part. For IMP2 edit defaults.php3, search for $default->folders = 'mail/'; and remove the mail/ part.