Revision 1 as of 2006-12-04 21:01:31
Updated for 1.0-rc15
|Deletions are marked like this.||Additions are marked like this.|
|Line 5:||Line 5:|
|Line 14:||Line 13:|
''Note'': The defaults above appear to have changed as of v1.0, rc15. On my Linux system, the standard '''configure/make/make install''' trinity required the following modifications to the steps above:
* From the top-level '''dovecot-1.0.rc15''' directory, cd to '''doc'''. Edit the copy of '''dovecot-openssl.cnf''' located here.
* The default SSL directory is '''/etc/ssl'''. If not already present, create '''/etc/ssl/certs''' and '''/etc/ssl/private'''.
* '''chmod u+x ./mkcert.sh'''
* Make the following modifications to '''./mkcert.sh''':
* Restart the dovecot service
Setting SSL certificate details
Edit /usr/share/ssl/dovecot-openssl.cnf (on some systems this will be /etc/pki/dovecot/dovecot-openssl.conf)
if exists, delete or rename the files /usr/share/ssl/certs/dovecot.pem and /usr/share/ssl/private/dovecot.pem (these might be in /etc/pki/dovecot/certs and /etc/pki/dovecot/private)
run /usr/share/doc/dovecot-[version]/examples/mkcert.sh (you may have to edit the top lines first as follows:)
OPENSSL=openssl SSLDIR=/etc/pki/dovecot OPENSSLCONFIG=/etc/pki/dovecot/dovecot-openssl.cnf
(if you don't want your certificate to expire in 365 days, increase the number in the $OPENSSL command at the bottom of the file)
- restart the dovecot service
Note: The defaults above appear to have changed as of v1.0, rc15. On my Linux system, the standard configure/make/make install trinity required the following modifications to the steps above:
From the top-level dovecot-1.0.rc15 directory, cd to doc. Edit the copy of dovecot-openssl.cnf located here.
The default SSL directory is /etc/ssl. If not already present, create /etc/ssl/certs and /etc/ssl/private.
chmod u+x ./mkcert.sh
Make the following modifications to ./mkcert.sh:
OPENSSL=openssl SSLDIR=/etc/ssl OPENSSLCONFIG=./dovecot-openssl.cnf
- Restart the dovecot service